Monday, August 20, 2007

Card of the Day

Publisher: Weiser Books; Cards edition (June 1976)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0877284520
ISBN-13: 978-0877284529
________________
Perhaps it was Providence, or the Universe that led me to draw the Magus/Magician as the first CAD I have done for nearly a year? Whatever forces were at work, it fits perfectly. I have been juggling a lot lately...work, family & friends, new ideas, old habits. You get the idea.

The Thoth deck is my prefered choice for self-study work; when I read for others, I often use the Rider or Morgan deck(s) but when it comes down to my being able to relate to a card through its imagry, nothing compares to the Crowley/Harris collaboration.

I am not a student of the O.D.O or any other Mystery School. But the connection I get with the symbols and archetypes and nuances of this particular deck almost make me wish I were.

One of the things that struck me most deeply about this card as we journeyed through today was that the figure bears a striking resemblance to the crucified Christ! In fact the symbology of Hermes' caduceus and Jesus' words: John 3:14,15 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of man be lifted up, 15: that whoever believes in him may have eternal life. ... were more than appearant albeit, hidden in plain sight until now. Then, again, there is the Emerald Tablet edict of As above, so Below; how this made itself obvious to me came again through the recorded words of Christ: on earth as it is in heaven... Consider me a dolt but I never picked up that correspondence before today.

So how did I manifest the Magus today? I purchased a new Tarot journal in which to write down my observations.

Brighest Blessings Be,

wMw


2 comments:

susane said...

Your site is wonderful and diverse. Being disabled and insomniac I am always busy with you.
Good continuation !

voyance gratuite

Unknown said...


That is quite surprising... I have never heard of that before reading your post!
It makes me quite puzzled and angry too!
voyance couple gratuite mail